A quick read I couldn’t put down. A story of anger, abuse, and addiction, and how all three injure self and family.
The book itself is beautifully edited, enabling a smooth read. But more so, it holds Frankie's heart open wide, giving him liberty to express all--good and bad, success and failure, faith and fear. After reading it, I feel saddened for his losses, but uplifted by his shield of courage to remain sober, as well as humbled by his surrender of soul to God and Good. It's definitely a book worth reading--one that will cause deep reflection and profound gratitude. The book has changed my life and influenced my thinking and decision process, as I am in contact with fellow beings who suffer from addiction. Reading Frankie's memoir has given me greater understanding in how to truly help a suffering soul.
http://www.amazon.com/My-Name-is-Frankie-ebook/dp/B00BIT5LLA/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361470863&sr=1-1&keywords=my+name+is+frankie+by+tristi
Tutor at Kathleen Brebes Reading and Writing Center
Writer of YA and Middle Grade Fiction
Editor at Editing Eagles (manuscript evaluation and critiquing service)
Kbrebes@aol.com
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Review of My Name is Frankie by Tristi Pinkston and Frankie Maio
A quick read I couldn’t put down. A story of anger, abuse, and addiction, and how all three injure self and family.
The book itself is beautifully edited, enabling a smooth read. But more so, it holds Frankie's heart open wide, giving him liberty to express all--good and bad, success and failure, faith and fear. After reading it, I feel saddened for his losses, but uplifted by his shield of courage to remain sober, as well as humbled by his surrender of soul to God and Good. It's definitely a book worth reading--one that will cause deep reflection and profound gratitude. The book has changed my life and influenced my thinking and decision process, as I am in contact with fellow beings who suffer from addiction. Reading Frankie's memoir has given me greater understanding in how to truly help a suffering soul.
http://www.amazon.com/My-Name-is-Frankie-ebook/dp/B00BIT5LLA/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361470863&sr=1-1&keywords=my+name+is+frankie+by+tristi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment