Tutor at Kathleen Brebes Reading and Writing Center

Writer of YA and Middle Grade Fiction

Editor at Editing Eagles (manuscript evaluation and critiquing service)

Kbrebes@aol.com

Monday, October 11, 2010

Making Friends Monday: Tristi Pinkston!

If you head on over to Tristi Pinkston's blog, you will be introduced to Tristi's clever creation of Making Friends Monday, and you will find a little blurb about me. Thanks, Tristi!

Although Tristi's never met me, I've been watching her ever since LDS StoryMaker's conference 2009, which was held at the Provo, Utah, Marriott Hotel, and even more closely since she reactivated her membership in Authors Incognito. As a published writer, she's my role model. As a leader, she's a very busy StoryMakers member who joined in 2001 and has since served as chairperson/co-chair three times, plus she has served as vice president. Go Tristi!

As far as Tristi's blogs go, she's been actively blogging since 2006.  On her main blog, (http://www.tristipinkston.blogspot.com) she covers everything from writing tips and the life of a published author to kid funnies, spiritual thoughts, and embarrassing moments.  Tristi also has a weight loss blog, one for writing challenges, another for her fictional characters … and she lost count of how many others she has. Hee Hee! You can find the links for them on her sidebar.

Tristi is my role model, wanna be because she's the author of five published novels and a whole kit ‘n caboodle of unpublished novels.  Right now I've heard she’s focusing on cozy mysteries, but I know she's written historical fiction in the past and plans to write more in that genre. Hooray!

As if Tristi wasn't busy enough, she also works as a freelance editor and a virtual book tour coordinator. So, when she finally finds the time, she loves taking long naps, being charmingly annoying, and watching good movies.  She’s a wonderful mormon, a dedicated homeschooler, an adventurous CubMaster, and most of the time, a headless chicken! We (everyone at StoryMakers, on AI, and in the blogging world) love you, Tristi, and appreciate your hilarious sense of humor, your willingness to share knowledge and experience, and your ability to lead others by good example. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go visit her blog and see what she says about you! I've heard of a couple of her books. But her site is blocked at my work, so I have to wait until I get home. (Lots of sites are blocked at my work for no rhyme or reason...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristi's definitely one busy woman! Great person to have as a mentor.

    ReplyDelete